Monday, June 13, 2011

Memphis to Nashville

Today we began our day at Graceland. I've never really been an Elvis fan, but for some reason I've always wanted to go to Graceland. It was kinda interesting, but somehow smaller than I expected. There were some fun things though. Green shag carpeting on the floors and ceiling. hahahaha today's cool it tomorrow's tacky, eh.

Then we drove off to Nashville. We had lunch along the way. I made Charles stop at Bart's BBQ and I had fried green tomatoes. I was so excited about my fried green tomatoes that I took a picture. Then I realized that I had taken a picture of Bart's BBQ and one of my fried green tomatoes, but had not taken a single picture at Graceland! I guess we all have our priorities. lol

We're just back from a wonderful trip to Joann's Fabrics and supper. I didn't take any pictures at Joann's cause I was too busy buying stuff.

We went to TGIF's for supper. Charlie had the pecan encrusted chicken salad and I had the strawberry short cake. When they brought the food the girl looked at the two plates and gave me the salad and Charlie the shortcake. I asked him why is it that everywhere we go people get our orders mixed up? He said well if you'd stop ordering chicken fried steak.... and I said oh ya? Well if you'd man up and stop ordering salad....

And that was our day. Tomorrow...the Grand Ole Opery.....oh boy!

No comments: